This holiday season, it’s more important than ever to support our local small businesses and organizations. Our downtowns are full of shops and stores where you can find everything from holiday décor and clothing to toys and antiques. We encourage you to shop local this holiday season. Below are a few unique and one-of-a-kind Caroline County gift ideas!
If you are a Caroline County business and have a gift you’d like to have featured, we’d love to include it! Please email email@example.com.
- Give a one-of-a-kind, Maryland-inspired gift with a Savor Maryland Box! Savor Maryland was created by Shore Gourmet, a non-profit that promotes Maryland farmers and entrepreneurs to bring awareness to the great products they create in our beautiful state! From “Bee Maryland” to the “It’s a Shore Thang,” these boxes are packed with local flavor and can be ordered from the comfort of your home!
- Give the gift of local flavor with a gift card to a Caroline County restaurant that can be enjoyed later! Some restaurants have gift cards that can be purchased online, including the Market Street Public House.
- Looking for a gift for those who love the great outdoors? How about a gift membership to Adkins Arboretum, a 400-acre preserve and public garden. Members receive unlimited free admission to the Arboretum, discounts on programs, trips, native plants, and gift shop purchases, and invitations to special events. Family memberships are $75/year. Learn more here.
- Do you have adventure seekers on your list? Give the gift of a tandem skydive from Chesapeake Skydive! Enjoy breathtaking views of the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic coastline, followed by a freefall for nearly a minute where you’ll reach speeds up to 120 mph. After the parachute opens you will glide through the sky towards the earth for 5-7 minutes. Learn more here.
- Brighten up someone’s table with a beautiful holiday-inspired floral arrangement! Contact your hometown florist to place your order!
- Give a Blades Orchard CSA share for a gift that keeps on giving! Recipients will enjoy six months of fresh picked strawberries, cherries, blueberries, peaches, apples, melons, apricots, plums, blackberries, melons, ciders, butters and honey from this Preston orchard. You receive 8-10 pounds of locally-grown goodness twice a month. Find out more here.
- Adopt an alpaca for a year from Outstanding Dreams Farm in Preston! This program makes the perfect gift for alpaca lovers of all ages! Adopted alpacas stay at Outstanding Dreams Farm, where they take care of all the work! Recipients receive a Certificate of Adoption, a 4×6 photo of your adopted alpaca, a voucher to come learn about your alpaca, a $20 gift certificate to their Farm Store, and birthday card from your alpaca. Learn more here.
- Speaking of alpacas, Caroline County is home to multiple alpaca farms that sell products crafted from alpaca fiber, including Alpaca Road, Outstanding Dreams Farm, Secret World Alpacas Tuckahoe Treasures, and Alpacas of Pinney Valley! Shop for items crafted from this soft and durable fiber, including hats, scarves, blankets, socks and more!
- Do you have a foodie on your list? How about a gift card to Night Kitchen Coffee, a small batch coffee roaster and maker of custom spice mixes that are inspired by regional and world flavors. Learn more about Night Kitchen Coffee here.
- Shop for artwork made by Caroline County artists and crafters from the comfort of your own home at the Caroline County Council of Arts online store on Ebay. You can also shop in-person at the Foundry, Caroline County’s community arts gallery.
- Do you have a history buff to shop for? How about a membership to one of our wonderful historical societies? From the Caroline County Historical Society to the local chapters, including the Federalsburg Historical Society, Preston Historical Society, the Ridgely Historical Society, your gift of a membership will help keep local history alive!