Make your days merry and bright! Here are a few festive and fun ways to celebrate the holidays this week in Caroline County!
Please be sure to wear a mask and practice social distancing so that we can all have a safe and happy holiday.
- Head to Ridgely to check out their enchanting display of holiday lights at Railroad Memorial Park! The lights are on display every evening now through the New Year starting at 5pm. Walk through the illuminated park and on the Rails to Trails and stop at the “Selfie Stations” along the way! Share your photos on social media with the tag #ChristmasinRidgely.
- Don’t miss Greensboro’s Lighting of the City and the Whoville Holiday Village on December 12th! The Whoville Holiday Village will run every Friday and Saturday evening from 5-9pm through January 2nd. This event follows the protocols of COVID-19 and social distancing. Masks are required.
- Take a stroll through downtown Denton to enjoy the decorated storefronts and shop windows in Downtown Denton Main Street’s Holiday Window Contest. You can then vote for your favorite window online! Find out more here.
- Take a winter walk through Adkins Arboretum, a 400-acre nature preserve and native garden in Caroline County! Though their Visitor Center is currently closed, the grounds are open for your enjoyment! View a trail map here.
- Take a candlelit tour of historic Exeter, located at 408 Old Denton Road in Federalsburg. This tour is hosted by the Federalsburg Historical Society and takes place Saturday, December 12th from 4pm – 7pm.
- Learn to make your own giftwrap at the Foundry Gallery in Denton on December 12th from 1-3pm as part of Second Saturdays! This event is free, but registration is required to save your spot! This event is free, but registration is required to save your spot! There will be assigning time slots. Social distancing and masks are required.
- Check out “Connecting Kuumba Through Community,” the latest exhibit at the Fiber Arts Center of the Eastern Shore. This exhibit will showcase a diverse range of talents including quilting, crochet, fashion and accessory design, collage, and more, and feature creations made by local and regional artists, as well as heirloom pieces. The artwork will be on display at FACES in Denton through December 31, 2020. They are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 12pm – 4pm.
- Support the small businesses in your community by shopping local this holiday season! Our downtowns are full of wonderful shops where you can find unique, one-of-a-kind gifts. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing while shopping so we can all have a safe and happy holiday!
Planning ahead? See the full December 2020 event calendar here.