Linchester Flouring Mill Complex
3390 Linchester Mill Road, Preston 410-673-1910
One of the last water-powered mills on the Eastern Shore, it ceased operating in 1979 when the mill pond dam broke after heavy rains. The structure has been described as a “treasure of America” because its original equipment reflects the long evolution of American milling. The Linchester Mill campus also includes the Hog Island School, the Miller and Assistant Miller’s House and a Nature & Braille Trail.