St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
Corner of Maple & Church Streets, Hillsboro
This Church was established in 1748 at nearby Tuckahoe Bridge in Queen Anne’s County. A church was built at this site in 1768, but it fell into decline as the influence of Methodism grew on the Eastern Shore. Under the guidance of Rev. Robert William Goldsborough, construction of the present gothic revival structure began in 1853.