Tuckahoe Meeting House
Routes 404 & 328, Denton
The meeting house was built in 1802 by members of the Society of Friends, who had been Nicholites, a sect that originated in Caroline County. The building was used as a house of worship and as a Friends School until 1897. The building was then rented by “Dunkards” for religious meetings for blind persons and as a school.