From decadent chocolate-inspired cuisine and beautiful bouquets from our local florists to romantic winter walks and Valentine’s-themed art classes, here are a few ways to celebrate with your Valentine this February in Caroline County! This list is updated daily, so check back for more offerings!
Wine & Dine: Valentine’s Dinners
- Indulge your senses at Chocolat, a decadent evening to benefit the Caroline Culinary Arts Center on February 10th featuring a chocolate-inspired menu, savory cuisine, cocktails, decadent desserts & more! Tickets are $70 per person and can be purchased online here by calling (410) 479-2144.
- Treat your sweetheart to a heart made of a dozen delicious tacos from Tenchi! The taco hearts are made of 12 double corn tortilla tacos in 4 styles – Authentic, American, Al Pastor and Street! Taco hearts are $40. Pre orders start on February 1st and pick ups start February 8th. Find out more at tenchifresh.com, on Facebook, or by calling (410) 482-4046.
- Tenchi is also offering a special Valentine’s Dinner for $55/person. The menu includes cream of crab soup, jumbo shrimp cocktail, caesar salad, filet mignon topped with chimichurri, chicken pesto penne pasta, Tenchi fajitas, chocolate covered strawberries, and fried ice cream. To make a reservation, please call (410) 482-4046.
- Caroline’s in Denton is offering a special Valentine’s Eve Dinner! This one-night-only event will also include a single’s table at the bar for their single foodie friends! The menu is $70 per person and includes Maine mussels, a charcuterie and local cheese board, steak tartare, lobster bisque, ham & clams linguine, Statler chicken, steak & shrimp, and a dessert course of chocolate fondue, rose-scented creme brulee, or Nancy’s famous cheesecake. Call Caroline’s at (410) 490-4495 for reservations!
- Earth Tones Cafe is offering a special dessert menu featuring chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate cupcakes with mocha buttercream, chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, and strawberry glazed sugar cookies topped with freeze dried strawberries. Orders must be placed before February 8th and can be picked up February 11th & 12th during normal business hours. To place your order, please call (443) 448-4355.
Flowers & Gifts for your Valentine
- Shop for a beautiful arrangement from our fabulous local florists, including Lucy’s Flowers or Tammie’s Country Florist in Federalsburg, Patti’s Petals Florist Garden and Gifts in Denton, the Greensboro Florist, or the Garden Basket in Preston.
- You’ll find artisan chocolates, caramels, Valentine’s cards, handcrafted conversation heart soap, local honey, Shore Sweet Treats Nuts, candies and much more at Shore Gourmet Denton Market!
- The Ridgely Pharmacy is stocked with wonderful Valentine’s gifts! From jewelry and Valentine’s-themed home decor and accessories to plush stuffed animals, there’s something for everyone! Find out more here.
- Give your Valentine a fragrant gift made from lavender at Smokey Cat Lavender Farm’s online store. From relaxing neck wraps and rejuvenating eye pillows to essential oils and lip balm, this Federalsburg farm has just what you need for your favorite lavender-lover. Visit the online store at www.smokeycatlavender.com.
- Denton Dollars eGift Card’s make a great gift! Your Valentine can use it at any participating Denton business. Learn more, view participating merchants, and purchase your eGift Card online here.
- Looking for a unique gift for your Valentine? How about the 2023 Steam Engine Calendar – made right here in Caroline County! Calnedars are $12 each plus shipping. To place your order, visit vintagetractordigest.com/calendar.html or call (410) 673-2414.
February Fun for your Valentine
- UPDATE: SOLD OUT Come learn the art of charcuterie February 2nd! In this workshop, led by Sweet Bites Charcuterie at the Fretterd Community Center, participants will create a Valentine’s Day themed charcuterie board complete with meat, cheese, and desserts! All supplies are included. The cost is $55 for Caroline County residents, and $60 for non-residents. Register online here.
- Enjoy a Paint Afternoon at Martinak State Park on January 29th – just in time to make something special for your Valentine! Paint a lovely composition of miniature hearts on branches. The afternoon includes guided instruction, materials, and refreshments! All proceeds benefit scholarships for future teachers and the Friends of Martinak and Tuckahoe. Find out more here.
- The practice of forest bathing encourages you to slow down, quiet your mind, and connect with nature. Awaken your senses and deepen your relationship with the natural world at Valentine’s Forest Bathing at Adkins Arboretum on February 11th! Grab a partner, friend, or loved one and join certified forest guide Shelli Smith to experience the forest together and foster a connection with nature and each other. The walk will conclude with a tea ceremony. Find out more here.
- Take a winter walk in the woods and enjoy the natural beauty of Caroline County! Check out our list of trail maps here to find the perfect spot!
- Escort your princess to Caroline County Recreation & Park’s 17th Annual Daddy Daughter Dance on February 19th. Dad and his Little Princess will enjoy dancing, games, refreshments, and great music. Registration deadline is February 10th. Dance has limited number of spots, so sign those princesses up early! There are two times to choose from: 4:30 – 5:30 pm or 6 – 7 pm. Cost is $40 per couple and $10 for each additional young lady. Register online here.
- Join art teacher Megan Parker for a Wine & Paint night at the Foundry on Friday, February 10th from 5:30-7pm and celebrate your sweetheart! Bring your valentine along, go single and make a unique gift for your valentine this year, or bring your besties for a ladies or guys night out and just have fun! All materials will be provided. $40/1 ticket, $75/2 tickets. This event is limited to guests ages 21+. Learn more and sign up here.
- The Caroline County Council of Arts invites you to celebrate Black history with a diverse offering of the arts on February 18th from 11am – 3pm, including readings of original published stories by Author Dawn Wayman, cultural collage-making by artist Yolanda Acree, delicious soul-food prepared by Chef Jameyra, and music by Teran Goldsborough. Fabric and textile works by Black Eastern Shore artists will be on display at FACES. This is a FREE event for all ages. Find out more here.
- Head to the Goldsboro Volunteer Fire Company for Designer Purse Bingo on February 12th! Doors open at 11:30am and bingo starts at 1pm. There will be 20 regular games and 5 special games. The cost is $30 in advance or $35 at the door for the regular game packet. The special games will be $10 per packet or $2 a sheet. There will also be door prizes and 50/50. Proceeds benefit the Children Exploration Organization. For more information, please contact Angie Cowgill at (410) 829-6084.
- The Fiber Arts Center of the Eastern Shore (FACES) in Denton invites you to their latest exhibit: The Winter Coverlet Collection of Catherine K. Spence, on view through February 25th. Dated coverlets in the collection range from the late 1830’s to 1850’s. Come visit this beautiful textile display and be mesmerized by their beauty! The exhibit is free of charge, and FACES is open Wednesday – Saturday from 12pm – 4pm. Find out more at FiberArtsCenter.com.
- The Tom Cheezum Memorial Toy & Train Show on February 11th features Lionel, Plasticville, Ertl, Legos, action figures, farm toys and more! Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for additional people in your group, and free for children under 12 with adults. Come enjoy the vendors, great food and train display at this great event at the Preston Firehouse! Find out more here.
- Cow Barn Events in Ridgely is partnering with On Cloud Cline and Jeffery Murphy Photography to host a Wedding Expo on February 25th from 12pm. – 3pm. Come check out this beautiful barn wedding venue and meet some of the Eastern Shore’s best vendors to make your day perfect! Learn more here.