From decadent dinner kits that you can enjoy at home and beautiful bouquets from our local florists to romantic winter walks and Valentine’s-themed art classes, here are a few ways to celebrate with your Valentine this February in Caroline County! This list is updated daily, so check back for more offerings!
Wine & Dine: Valentine’s Dinners
- It’s that time of year again! Support the Caroline Culinary Arts Center by purchasing an elegant, chocolate-inspired Valentine’s Day Dinner Kit for two! Chocolat dinner kits include brie in puff pastry, cocoa seared scallops, champagne-poached shrimp, cocoa-rubbed petit filet of beef, lump crab cake, and a sweet trio of desserts. Kits are $84.95 and serve two, and proceeds support the Caroline Culinary Arts Center. Orders must be placed by February 7th and picked up on February 11th. Place your order online here.
- Update: Sold Out! Earth Tones Cafe in Denton is offering a three-course, vegetarian prix fix menu on February 13th featuring a mushroom terrine, strawberry salad, bucatini puttanesca, seared beet steak, black garlic risotto, and gluten free angel food cake. $55 per person. To reserve your spot, call (443) 448-4355, email email@example.com, or stop in the cafe at 5 N. 3rd Street, Denton.
Tenchi in Greensboro is serving up a three-course Valentine’s Dinner. The menu includes jumbo shrimp cocktail, cream of crab soup, bacon blue cheese wedged salad, 12oz NY strip, pesto chicken penne, fajitas, fried ice cream, and delicious cheesecake! All meals served with a drink, coffee, and a bottle of sparking cider. $45 per person. View the full menu here. Please call 410-482-4046 to reserve your seat!
- Take your sweetheart to their favorite Caroline County restaurant! Be sure to call ahead to make sure they are open and still accepting reservations!
Flowers & Gifts for your Valentine
- Shop for a beautiful arrangement from our fabulous local florists, including Lucy’s Flowers or Tammie’s Country Florist in Federalsburg, Patti’s Petals Florist Garden and Gifts in Denton, or the Garden Basket in Preston.
- Give your Valentine a fragrant gift made from lavender at Smokey Cat Lavender Farm’s online store. From relaxing neck wraps and rejuvenating eye pillows to essential oils and lip balm, this Federalsburg farm has just what you need for your favorite lavender-lover. Visit the online store at www.smokeycatlavender.com.
- Denton Dollars eGift Card’s make a great gift! Your Valentine can use it at any participating Denton business. Learn more, view participating merchants, and purchase your eGift Card online here.
- Give your Valentine a gift they can cherish forever – a gift card for a photo shoot by Chelsea Powell Photography out of Greensboro. They are offering free $30 gift cards with purchase of a $100 gift card. For more information, find them on Facebook or visit their website.
February Fun for your Valentine
- Make your own Valentine’s Table Runner with the Fiber Arts Center of the Eastern Shore on February 3rd! Priscilla Hodge will teach you how to make these sweet heart-filled runners. Class size is limited to 12, and the cost is $25 for FACES members, and $30 for non-members. Learn more and register here.
- Take a winter walk in the woods and enjoy the natural beauty of Caroline County! Check out our list of trail maps here to find the perfect spot!
- Make a handmade Valentine’s Day collage card for your sweetheart with the Caroline County Council of Arts on February 9th! Class fee is $15 and includes materials. Find out more and register online here.
- Escort your princess to a special evening full of smiles, dancing, and fun at Caroline County Recreation and Parks‘s Daddy-Daughter Sweetheart Dance on Sunday, February 20th. There will be 2 times to choose from this year: 4pm to 5pm or 6pm to 7pm at the Fretterd Community Center in Denton. Dads and daughters ages 3-12 will enjoy dancing, games, refreshments, and great music! Find out more at visitcaroline.org/event/daddy-daughter-dance.
- Head to the Foundry on February 11th for an “Out of this World” Valentine Wine & Paint Night with art teacher Jillian Downes! Learn more and register online here.
- The Eastern Shore Bluegrass Association invites you to a show by the award-winning and Grammy-nominated Po’ Ramblin Boys on February 13th at the Marydel Volunteer Fire Company! The show starts at 1pm with local bluegrass. The Kitchen Pickers with David Prince will play from 1-2pm, Flatland Drive will play 2-3pm, and the featured band, Po’ Ramblin Boys, will play from 3-5pm. Tickets are $25 at the door, and food will be available for purchase. This concert is sponsored by Towers Concrete and Emily’s Produce. Find out more here.
- Enjoy homemade delicious soup to benefit Caroline County Public Schools’ Backpack Program & Aaron’s Place at the Empty Bowls Souper Fundraising Event at the Chesapeake Culinary Center on February 24th. The first 200 people will also receive a hand-painted ceramic bowl to take home with you. Purchase your tickets online here.
- Surprise your Valentine with Jumbo Conversation Heart Cookies from Mill Stream Farms! These heart-shaped shortbread butter cookies have sweet nothings whispered upon pastel royal icing and come in packs of 6. In addition to these cookies, Mill Stream Farms offers a variety of delectable sweet treats perfect for Valentines, including Sweet Caroline Cookies, Heart-Shaped Chocolate Cakes, and Heart-Shaped Raspberry Butter Cookies. Orders are due by Friday, February 4th. Place your order online here.
- Branchin’ Out Acres is offering a variety of Valentine’s Treats, including cake pop arrangements, chocolate dipped pretzel rods and hot cocoa bombs! Orders are due by February 6th. Find out more here!
- Treat your valentine to Earth Tones Cafe’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries! They are $34 for 12 or $18 for 6. To preorder, please call 443-448-4355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All orders must be picked up between February 11th and 13th.
If you are a Caroline County business and have a Valentine’s promotion you’d like to have featured, we’d love to include it! Please email email@example.com.